The Institute is a wholly state-owned, non-profit scientific institution financed on a per-project basis through the execution of project development contracts won following international and national competitive biddings.
Today, the Institute has 89 employees, of which 84 with higher education qualifications, 17 PhD (in various fields).
Development of the energy system and relations within require the acquisition of new knowledge and competences by all the actors in the energy sector and state administration, as well as the education of citizens. Education and provision of information is becoming the Institute’s increasingly significant activity, which requires the continuous professional training of our experts and their active participation in educating others. The Institute implements its mission in cooperation with numerous scientists and institutions from Croatian and abroad, and is taking over a leading role in energy development in the wider region and beyond.
The Institute’s areas of activity include:
- Strategic planning in the energy sector
- Development of electric-power, gas, petroleum and heating systems
- Market, legal framework and restructuring of the energy sector
- Energy efficiency
- Renewable energy sources, environmental and climate protection
- Energy audits and certification of buildings
- Energy balances and statistics
- In-service training and promotional activities